National Leaders of Governance 2017
Leadership, Management & Governance Training
The NLG offer is free to colleges, adult training providers and Independent Training Providers subject to criteria.
To access the service please register your interest in the 'contact us' section below.
Who is this course for?
Further education colleges, sixth form colleges,specialist designated colleges, independent training providers and adult training providers.
NLGs provide free practical support for governors, leaders and clerks. This can include, but not limited to:
- Implementing restructures
- Improving governing/trustee board capacity
- Increasing board confidence to address strategic and curriculum challenges, to improve scrutiny and set long term strategies
- Preparing boards to anticipate and respond to new developments so they can assess likely long-term impact and the readiness of further education providers to address them
- Serving as independent members on Principal or Chair recruitment panels during mergers
NLGs are highly effective in supporting boards in fulfilling their responsibilities. An NLG can work with individual chairs and boards to:
- Improve college performance
- Support the chair of governors
- Improve board effectiveness.
Length of the course
- The length of the assignment and allocation of an NLG will be determined after a full evaluation of application. On average each assignment lasts two days.
NLGs are a resource available to all colleges, adult training providers and Independent Training Providers however the funding available is limited so we are particularly interested in hearing from those that have:
- Not previously accessed an NLG
- Recently been inspected and received a lower Ofsted grading for 'overall effectiveness' or 'leadership, management and governance'
- Identified in their self-assessment report areas for improvement in Governance
- Experienced a change of leadership (chair or Principal)