CfEM Leadership CPD programme
Who is this for?
Senior and operational managers leading the Centre for Maths Excellence programme within their organisation. Each centre can send a maximum of two delegates.
Please note CPD for maths practitioners will be taking place separately and maths practitioners will be directly invited to participate in that programme. This will be a two-day residential starting in the new academic year with day three taking place in 2020.
The programme is designed to support centre leaders to review and plan for maths trials by ensuring critical conditions (such as workforce development, research methodology and the ability to grow networks) are in place. You will critically examine how best to plan for, and oversee, the implementation of one or more maths approaches in a series of trials with learner groups and teaching staff.
You will have the knowledge and confidence to:
- plan workforce development and maths trials across your centre as part of your three-year action plan
- establish the critical conditions for maths intervention/s to take root over the next three years
- review the four maths approaches (mastery, technology and data, contextualisation and engaging learners)
- critically examine how best to plan for, and oversee, the implementation of one or more maths approaches in a series of trials with learner groups and teaching staff
- explore how best to grow, nurture and develop your maths networks
- revise your centre action plan.
Day 1 - May 2019
Day 2 - September/ early October 2019
You must be leading the Centre for Maths Excellence programme within your organisation, ideally in a strategic and operational role.