Developing T Level Digital Skills and Expertise
Fully subsidised and therefore there is no charge to ESFA-funded providers.
Who is this for?
The course is designed to appeal to T Level educators; this includes curriculum planners, course leaders, lecturers, trainers, assessors and support staff.
There is no need for you to hold a specific digital qualification or have extensive experience in this area, however, to get the most out of the session we would advise you to have completed the online module, 'Developing embedded digital skills for T Levels' and the one day introductory session, 'Introduction to embedding maths, English & digital skills in T Levels', beforehand.
The aim of the course is to support you to explore the digital skills required for work and learning in your specialism in order to prepare for T Level delivery.
The course will model a range of activities using recognised free digital tools and employ evidence-based AfL (Assessment for Learning) strategies.
You will be encouraged to plan and design some learning resources and activities which develop core and specialist digital skills suitable for their technical area. You will also consider how learning strategies might be adapted to be made more inclusive and how they might embed the development of English and maths skills.
You will also be asked to reflect upon your own development needs and those of your team and to use professional standards as benchmarks in an action plan for development.
After a period of implementation and reflection, you will be invited to join an interactive webinar designed to share what they have learnt.
By the end of the session, you will have the knowledge and confidence to:
- identify core digital skills and behaviours used on T Level programmes and in wider life and learning
- identify occupational specialist digital skills and tools used on your own T Level
- use/develop evidence-informed techniques to enhance learners' digital skills
- plan teaching and learning activities that effectively embed core and specialist digital skills
- support authentic, contextualised assessment for learning strategies for digital skills
- identify your own/team development needs around digital skills development & create an action plan using the ETF's Digital Teaching Professional Framework (DTPF)
- locate and signpost colleagues to sources of support for teachers' digital skills and pedagogy development.
For those preparing for T Level programmes.