Developing T Level Digital Skills and Expertise (Code: C0492)
This course is fully subsidised and therefore there is no charge to ESFA-funded providers.
Who is this for?
The course is designed to appeal to T Level educators; this includes curriculum planners, course leaders, lecturers, trainers, assessors and support staff. Prior digital expertise is not required for this course. However, it is advised that practitioners complete the online module, 'Developing embedded digital skills for T Levels' and, if required, the one-day introductory session, 'Introduction to Developing Embedded English, Maths and Digital in T Levels', beforehand.
To support practitioners to explore the digital skills required for work and learning in their specialism in order to prepare for T Level delivery.
The course will model a range of activities using recognised, free digital tools and employ evidence-based AfL (Assessment for Learning) strategies. Practitioners will be encouraged to plan and design some learning resources and activities which develop core and specialist digital skills suitable for their technical area.
By the end of the session, you will have the knowledge and confidence to:
- identify core digital skills and behaviours used on T Level programmes and in wider life and learning
- identify occupationally-specialist digital skills and tools used in your own T Level
- use/develop evidence-informed techniques to enhance learners' digital skills
- plan teaching and learning activities that effectively embed core and specialist digital skills
- support authentic, contextualised assessment for learning strategies for digital skills
- identify your own/team's development needs around digital skills development and create an action plan using the Foundation's Digital Teaching Professional Framework (DTPF)
- locate and signpost colleagues to sources of support for teachers' digital skills and pedagogical development.
For those preparing for T Level programmes.
Through booking a place on this course, you consent to sharing your data with the Department for Education. Please see the TLPD Privacy Notice for further details.
If this course is not currently available in your area, and you would like to attend then register your interest. We will let you know about new events as they are announced.