Developing T Level English
This course is fully subsidised and therefore there is no charge to ESFA-funded providers.
Who is this for?
The course is designed to appeal to T Level educators; this includes curriculum planners, course leaders, lecturers, trainers, assessors and support staff. Specific English qualifications or extensive experience in this area is not required for this course. However, it is advised that practitioners complete the online module, 'Developing embedded English skills for T Levels ' and, if required, the one-day introductory session, 'Introduction to embedding maths, English and digital skills in T Levels', beforehand.
To support practitioners to explore the English skills required for work and learning in their specialism in order to prepare for T Level delivery.
This course will:
- help practitioners plan and design some learning resources suitable for their technical area and devise assessment activities that develop learners' speaking, listening, reading and writing skills
- support practitioners to explore a variety of AfL (Assessment for Learning) strategies, including marking and feedback on written work and the generation of inclusive learning strategies
- encourage practitioners to reflect upon their own training and development needs.
By the end of the session, you will have the knowledge and confidence to:
- identify the embedded English in your T Level route and your role in supporting learners to develop this
- plan teaching, learning and assessment activities that support T Level learners' development of: listening, speaking, reading and writing
- carry out assessment for learning of embedded English, including marking/ feeding back on learners' written work
- identify your own/team's development needs around developing embedded English in T Levels
- locate and signpost colleagues to sources of support for personal and pedagogical development of teachers' English
- apply a range of effective activities designed to support learners' speaking, listening, reading and writing skills in your technical area.
One full day (09:30 - 16:15)
For those preparing for T Level programmes.
Through booking a place on this course, you consent to sharing your data with the Department for Education. Please see the TLPD Privacy Notice for further details.