Introduction to embedding maths, English and digital skills in T Levels
Fully subsidised and therefore there is no charge to ESFA-funded providers.
SET members are entitled to an exclusive 15% discount off this ETF professional development course.
Find out more about SET membership on the Society for Education and Training (SET) website.
Who is this for?
The course is designed to appeal to T Level educators; this includes curriculum planners, course leaders, lecturers, trainers, assessors and support staff. It is recommended for those less experienced in the implementation of effective embedding strategies.
This one-day course will introduce teachers to embedded maths, English and digital skills in the context of T Level programmes and their role in supporting learners to develop these.
The course will also address how attitudes and beliefs about maths, English and digital skills may affect both teachers and learners and support participants to identify their development needs and those of their team using professional standards as benchmarks. The course will help you to identify your next steps and signpost sources of support for teachers' personal skills and pedagogy development.
By the end of the session, you will have the knowledge and confidence to:
- explain what is meant by embedded maths, English and digital learning and how this relates to T Levels
- understand the maths, English and digital core skill requirements in T Level outlines
- describe your role in supporting learners' maths, English and digital learning
- identify how assessment for learning applies to embedded maths, English and digital skills
- explain the significance of attitudes and beliefs about maths, English and digital skills for T Level learners
- develop an action plan for you/ your team to support the development of embedded maths, English and digital skills and expertise.
One full day (09:30 - 16:15)
For those preparing for T Level programmes.