Introduction to Developing Embedded English, Maths and Digital in T Levels (Code: C0495)
This course is fully subsidised and therefore there is no charge to ESFA-funded providers.
SET members are entitled to an exclusive 15% discount off this ETF professional development course.
Find out more about SET membership on the Society for Education and Training (SET) website.
Who is this for?
The course is designed to appeal to T Level educators; this includes curriculum planners, course leaders, lecturers, trainers, assessors and support staff. It is recommended for those less experienced in the implementation of developing embedded EMD strategies.
To introduce practitioners to developing embedded English, maths and digital skills in the context of T Level programmes, and their role in supporting learners to develop these.
The course will also address how attitudes and beliefs about English, maths and digital skills may affect both practitioners and learners and support participants to identify their development needs and those of their team using the Professional Standards as benchmarks. The course will help participants to identify their next steps and signpost sources of support for practitioners' personal skills and pedagogical development.
By the end of the session, you will have the knowledge and confidence to:
- explain what is meant by developing embedded English, maths and digital learning and how this relates to T Levels
- understand the English, maths and digital core skill requirements in T Level outlines
- describe your role in supporting learners' English, maths and digital learning
- identify how assessment for learning applies to embedded English, maths and digital skills
- explain the significance of attitudes and beliefs about English, maths and digital skills for T Level learners
- develop an action plan for you/ your team to support the development of embedded English, maths and digital skills and expertise.
One full day (09:30 - 16:15)
For those preparing for T Level programmes.
Through booking a place on this course, you consent to sharing your data with the Department for Education. Please see the TLPD Privacy Notice for further details.
If this course is not currently available in your area, and you would like to attend then register your interest. We will let you know about new events as they are announced.