Maths Enhancement Programme (MEP)
Maths and English Pipeline
Who is this course for?
This course is aimed at any current teachers with a solid foundation of maths subject knowledge who want to be able to deliver the Maths GCSE with confidence - whether they are new to teaching the subject, lack confidence, or are preparing to teach it in the future.
It will also assist teachers who may have attended the Maths Enhancement Programme before but need a refresher in light of the content now in the Foundation tier that was previously in the Higher tier alone.
Designed specifically for staff to boost their subject knowledge for teaching Level 2 and to develop key teaching strategies.
- develop subject knowledge and confidence in the teaching of maths at level 2
- develop key teaching strategies for delivering level 2 maths successfully, including through the use of information and learning technology
- access and use a range of resources for teaching GCSE Maths
- gain a deep understanding of the content of GCSE Maths and of the needs of students re-taking the qualification
- assess and plan for your future development needs for the subject content of GCSE Maths.
Length of the course
Across the three days of face-to-face training you will examine three key elements of effective maths teaching.