Functional Skills: reforms and national materials (webinar) (Code: C0516)
SET member: £21.25
Non-SET member: £25
This is a subsidised rate for providers that receive funding from the ESFA.
For providers not receiving funding the full cost is £37.50
A limited number of free places are offered on this course. Please see the 'Upcoming' section above for current availability. Free places are offered to ensure greater diversity on our courses, so to qualify you must either:
- Work in an organisation in one of the 12 opportunity areas (Blackpool, Bradford, Derby, Doncaster, Fenland and East Cambridgeshire, Hastings, Ipswich, Norwich, Oldham, Scarborough, Stoke, West Somerset)
- Work in an organisation with an annual turnover of less than £500,000
- Consider yourself to have a disability
- Come from a Black, Asian or minority ethnic (BAME) background
You must also agree to be contacted by our evaluation team.
To book a free place find a course that has free places remaining and book a single place. At the payments stage of the booking you will be asked to tell us which of the three criteria you meet. Once selected, click on the 'recalculate' button to reduce the cost of the booking to zero and complete the booking.
If, for whatever reason, you are unable to attend, please advise us at least one week before the course takes place. This will allow us to offer the free place to someone else who works in the FE sector, so they can take advantage of this offer.
SET members are entitled to an exclusive 15% discount off this ETF professional development course.
Find out more about SET membership on the Society for Education and Training (SET) website.
Who is this for?
- Functional Skills tutors
- Vocational tutors and assessors involved in embedded support
- Learning support assistants.
This webinar will introduce you to the subject content and time-frames around the new Functional Skills.
You will have the knowledge and confidence to introduce the Functional Skills Reforms and national materials to others, including:
- the Reform progress
- changes to subject content and assessment approaches
- highlights of key dates going forwards
- suggestion of useful links for further reading
- how to make the most of the national materials.
This course will also help you make the most of the one day or two day face-to-face CPD programmes.
You should be teaching or supporting maths and/or English skills development.
If this course is not currently available in your area, and you would like to attend then register your interest. We will let you know about new events as they are announced.