Industry Insight : Staff Placements Application Events (Southern Region)
Who is this for?
This support offer is for teachers, trainers, middle managers and leaders in post-16 providers who are preparing to deliver T Levels in 2020, 2021 and beyond. This support forms part of the Industry Insight activity being offered across England.
Through the Industry Insight activity, we will support you in:
- preparing and developing your aims and objectives for a staff placement
- deciding what length of placement in industry would meet your needs and that of your organisation
- helping you to consider how you will use your learning to have impact, to support you in your preparation for T Level delivery
- developing a better understanding of the workplace and opportunities to develop a curriculum that is industry relevant and fit for the 21st century
- questions that come from yourself and fellow T Level delivery practitioners and curriculum planners to share areas of focus, key objectives and outcomes
- considering next steps and what kind of additional professional learning and development support you may require.
You will develop your knowledge and understanding of current industry practice in preparation for T Level delivery to ensure that a clear line of sight to work is embedding in classroom teaching and learning.
Ensuring that learners studying T Levels will have the opportunity to develop the knowledge, skills, behaviours and occupational competence in their chosen subject specialism.
Provide you with information, advice and guidance to support your application for an industry insight placement as well as sharing effective practice examples of effective employer engagement with a range of ready-to use tools and resources.
There will also be plenty of opportunities to network and share ideas with like-minded colleagues from a diverse range of providers who are also preparing for delivery of T Levels in 2020, or in the future.
The face to face launch events will be half day plenary and workshop-based to support existing and future T Level providers consider their staff training, preparation and development for their teaching and curriculum requirements in this blended classroom and workplace learning programme.
The face to face sessions will be a run through the application process for the staff placements and workshop based elements that will be sharing ideas and approaches for staff CPD needs for this new T Level delivery programme.
For knowledge transfer of the application process, we will put on a one hour webinar session to take you through the process and have a Q&A session after.
If your organisation is planning on delivering T Levels in 2020, 2021 or the future, and you want to get support with arranging staff placements in industry then book on these sessions.