Module 2: Reporting, decision making & accountability (self-access)
Leadership, Management & Governance Training
FREE online self-study module, approx. 30-45 minutes
- Do you want to access the latest news on all things governing? Sign up now for our bi-weekly free newsletter 'Supporting Governing' here
- Don't miss out on the latest news - access past copies of the 'Supporting Governing' newsletter here
Who is this course for?
For Governors, Trustees, Non-Executive Directors, Clerks and Senior Leaders involved in the governing of vocational education and training.
- examine the importance of the quality of reporting to the Governing Body (and its committees)
- explore methods of achieving high quality reporting that produces informed decision making
- review how reporting and informed decision making, in a context of accountability, is undertaken by the Governing body and
- identify how they can improve their contribution to high quality reporting and informed decision making, in a context of accountability, by adopting practical techniques.
- Review the style and quality of reporting to the Governing Body
- Test for two significant weaknesses in reporting to the Governing Body
- Consider how decisions are taken and recorded by the Governing Body
- Review basic accountability arrangements
Length of the course
- a good internet connection
- speakers to access sound files
You will need to have been formally appointed by your organisation as either a:
- Senior leader who supports governing processes.