Bespoke CPD courses for maths and English teaching, learning and assessment (Code: C0520)
Do you want to get the maximum value from your CPD budget? Why not run an in-house course at a time and date to suit?
In-house course for 6-10 staff: £75
In-house courses for 16 or more staff: £150
To enquire about hosting please complete this form
A limited number of free places are offered on this course. Please see the 'Upcoming' section above for current availability. Free places are offered to ensure greater diversity on our courses, so to qualify you must either:
- Work in an organisation in one of the 12 opportunity areas (Blackpool, Bradford, Derby, Doncaster, Fenland and East Cambridgeshire, Hastings, Ipswich, Norwich, Oldham, Scarborough, Stoke, West Somerset)
- Work in an organisation with an annual turnover of less than £500,000
- Consider yourself to have a disability
- Come from a Black, Asian or minority ethnic (BAME) background
You must also agree to be contacted by our evaluation team.
To book a free place find a course that has free places remaining and book a single place. At the payments stage of the booking you will be asked to tell us which of the three criteria you meet. Once selected, click on the 'recalculate' button to reduce the cost of the booking to zero and complete the booking.
If, for whatever reason, you are unable to attend, please advise us at least one week before the course takes place. This will allow us to offer the free place to someone else who works in the FE sector, so they can take advantage of this offer.
SET members are entitled to an exclusive 15% discount off this ETF professional development course.
Find out more about SET membership on the Society for Education and Training (SET) website.
Who is this for?
Practitioners working in the Further Education and Training sector i.e. vocational lecturers, Functional Skills and/ or GCSE maths and English tutors, workplace trainers, assessors, learning support assistants.
To enable practitioners working in the Further Education and Training sector to explore specific areas of maths, English or digital teaching, learning and assessment that are pertinent within their practice.
You will have the knowledge and confidence to:
- work collaboratively with others to explore a CPD issue pertinent to your organisation
- engage in your own professional development, and apply your learning within your own teaching, learning and assessment practices
- share knowledge gained from your bespoke CPD course with others within your organisation
- support learner engagement, development and progress in relation to the bespoke area you have been exploring during your course.
This is a blended learning course, which consists of two 90-minute live sessions and self-led learning between them. The live sessions are one week apart, giving you a week to complete the mid-course tasks.
You should be a practitioner within the Further Education and Training sector.