Supporting post-16 learners with SEND in maths (West and South) (Code: C0554)
There are two pricing options:
1. Individual fees:
- Society for Education and Training member: £85
- Non-members: £100
To get maximum value from your CPD budget we can run this course in-house at a time and venue to suit you.
- Training for up to 16 staff: £880
- Training for up to 32 staff: £1,700
You can also add a post-course webinar to your session to help embed the learning from the course in practice for only an additional £200.
A limited number of free places are offered on this course. Please see the 'Upcoming' section above for current availability. Free places are offered to ensure greater diversity on our courses, so to qualify you must either:
- Work in an organisation in one of the 12 opportunity areas (Blackpool, Bradford, Derby, Doncaster, Fenland and East Cambridgeshire, Hastings, Ipswich, Norwich, Oldham, Scarborough, Stoke, West Somerset)
- Work in an organisation with an annual turnover of less than £500,000
- Consider yourself to have a disability
- Come from a Black, Asian or minority ethnic (BAME) background
You must also agree to be contacted by our evaluation team.
To book a free place find a course that has free places remaining and book a single place. At the payments stage of the booking you will be asked to tell us which of the three criteria you meet. Once selected, click on the 'recalculate' button to reduce the cost of the booking to zero and complete the booking.
If, for whatever reason, you are unable to attend, please advise us at least one week before the course takes place. This will allow us to offer the free place to someone else who works in the FE sector, so they can take advantage of this offer.
SET members are entitled to an exclusive 15% discount off this ETF professional development course.
Find out more about SET membership on the Society for Education and Training (SET) website.
Who is this for?
This course is for teachers of maths, LSAs, mentors , SENCO/ALENCOs.
- Practical approaches to providing appropriate support for learners with SEND.
- Overcoming specific barriers to learning in maths.
- Motivating learners to recognise and fulfil their personal and academic potential in maths.
- Supporting the embedding of maths in life skills to support learners preparing for life in the community or employment.
- Initial and ongoing formative assessment - differentiating the curriculum to meet the needs of every learner.
This is a one day course.
If this course is not currently available in your area, and you would like to attend then register your interest. We will let you know about new events as they are announced.