T Levels: Organisational Readiness for Middle Managers (Code: C0558)
This is the first step in the five-part Organisational Readiness for Middle Managers CPD. The introductory webinar provides an overview of the CPD offer which consists of the webinar, e-learning sessions, face-to-face training (available as training events and as in-house training) and a follow up webinar to reflect on your progress during the CPD.
Mentoring support is available on completion of the fourth e-learning module and attendance at a training event.
Who is this for?
The introductory webinars are open to all middle managers from all types of providers (sixth forms, schools, colleges, training providers, UTCs and others). Providers planning for delivery in 2020 and 2021 are particularly welcome, but you can also join if your organisation is considering T Level delivery beyond 2021.
Anyone who is in a role which involves managing teams, or managing areas such as curriculum planning, timetabling, stakeholder engagement (including employers) and quality will benefit from this course. The training has been designed to meet the needs of managers in different roles.
We recognise that managers will have a range of experience of change management and of T Levels and the training has been designed to be suitable for all.
This Organisational Readiness training was developed in consultation with middle managers from a range of providers and is focused on areas they identified as requiring support to prepare for T Level delivery. The training combines underpinning knowledge with activities to help you prepare, implement and review T Level delivery.
This introductory webinar explains how the e-learning and face-to-face training activities are structured around three modules:
- Module 1 - Leading and managing organisational change, including curriculum change and working with internal stakeholders to plan and implement T Levels
- Module 2 - Partnership working - focuses on working with external stakeholders such as employers
- Module 3 - Monitoring and evaluating success - focuses on QA frameworks, including monitoring student progress and external quality frameworks (Ofsted) for T Levels.
We will look at the different activities in this strand and explain how they provide a comprehensive training package.
You will have the knowledge and confidence to:
- Effectively participate in the training, by planning your learning journey and registering for training
- Access materials introducing T Levels
- Familiarise yourself with the CPD approach used
- Understand key ideas about the change process
- Begin preparing and planning for the implementation of T Levels
- Plan how your organisation can access bespoke in-house training to meet the needs of colleagues.
This webinar has no specific entry requirements and will outline what steps you can take to ensure you get the best from the other parts of the training.
However, you may find it useful to review the online materials on Understanding T Levels available on the ETF Foundation Online Learning platform before or after the webinar.
Through booking a place on this course, you consent to sharing your data with the Department for Education. Please see the TLPD Privacy Notice for further details.