Middle Managers Face to Face Events (Code: C0559)
This is the third part of the five-part Organisational readiness for middle managers CPD following on from the introductory webinar and e-learning sessions.
Face-to-face training events are available at a number of locations around the country. Bespoke, in-house training can also be provided with organisations choosing the workshops which best suit their training needs.
Who is this for?
Open to all middle managers from all types of providers (sixth forms, schools, colleges, training providers, UTCs and others). Providers planning for delivery in 2020 and 2021 are particularly welcome, but you can also join if your organisation is considering T Level delivery beyond 2021.
Anyone who is in a role which involves managing teams, or managing areas such as curriculum planning, timetabling, stakeholder engagement (including employers) and quality will benefit from this event. The training has been designed to meet the needs of managers in different roles.
We recognise that managers will have a range of experience of change management and of T Levels and the training has been designed to be suitable for all.
The training focuses on the development of leadership skills for middle managers planning for, and implementing, a change process for the introduction of T Levels.
The training uses a workshop approach, with a mix of theory and practical application, with opportunities to reflect on what you have learned and start your action planning for T Levels. You will be given a delegate pack containing all the materials used in the workshops. After the training you will have access to a further toolkit of materials.
Depending on the needs of your organisation you can access the training by:
- attending one of the national events listed
- using the Run In-House option to arrange in-house training (partnering with other local organisations if you wish). You can select from a number of workshops to meet your needs.
If you attend one of the national events and feel that colleagues would benefit from the training, you can also then organise in-house training.
You will have the knowledge and confidence to:
- Reflect on your professional identity and what this means for your leadership practice when planning for and implementing T Levels
- Understand what strategic thinking means and why it is important for the planning and implementation of T Levels
- Understand how to communicate with colleagues across the organisation and deal with potential conflict
- Understand your role in leading curriculum change for T Levels
- Further your understanding of how to design and timetable a T Level curriculum
- Consider how to build capacity and drive demand for T Levels
- Understand the benefits of undertaking a stakeholder analysis
- Consider the key external stakeholders you will need to work with for T Levels
- Identify key actions for the development of a stakeholder strategy
- Consider the quality assurance requirements for the industry placement.
The national training events are one-day events with the following agenda:
10:00 Welcome and introductions
10:15 Workshop 1 - Developing leadership practice
13:15 Workshop 2 - Planning for curriculum change
14:35 Workshop 3 - Partnership working and measuring success
15:45 Reflection and next steps
If you chose a bespoke, in-house training package, the length will depend on which workshops you select from our training menu. We can be flexible about start and end times.
Before you attend any face-to-face training, we recommend that you:
- attend an introductory webinar - book your place on the T Level Professional Development (TLPD): Organisational Readiness for Middle Managers - introductory webinar course page
- work through the first three Organisational Readiness e-learning sessions on Foundation Online Learning (the ETF's e-learning platform).
If you want to find out more about T Levels before attending the face-to-face training, we recommend you access the Understanding T Levels materials on the Foundation Online Learning platform.
Staff in organisations participating in Teacher Regional Improvement Projects (TRIPs) can access remission funding to attend this CPD - more information is available in the Remission Funding FAQ document (pdf).
Through booking a place on this event, you consent to sharing your data with the Department for Education. Please see the TLPD Privacy Notice for further details.