T Levels - Pedagogy Training for Technical Teachers (Code: C0578)
This course, which mixes theory and practice, is designed to help prepare teachers to deliver the highest quality technical teaching. The full course contains eight modules covering technical pedagogy, technical curriculum design, quality assurance and personal development. The programme can be delivered flexibly to meet providers' needs and priorities, from a half-day workshop to full delivery over three or four days.
Who is this for?
This course is open to new and experienced teachers and will enable participants to refresh or develop their understanding of the pedagogical nuances of technical teaching. In particular the course will provide a robust introduction to technical teaching for those who:
- are new to the sector and to technical teaching
- may not have received full teacher training
- or wish to brush up their skills in this area.
To support providers in developing their staff to meet the demands of T Level delivery, in particular around:
- Technical Pedagogy: introduction and refresh
- Technical Curriculum Design
- Personal Development
- Quality Assurance
Across the full course participants will have the opportunity to:
- Identify the requirements and resources for the delivery of high-quality T Level provision
- Develop their technical teaching toolkit
- Examine their existing and future use of innovative and creative practice
- Reflect and review their teaching style and philosophy
- Develop reflective processes to support continued professional development
- Explore collaborative networks and communities of practice to enhance subject knowledge
- Create opportunities for innovative practice to enhance learners' skill sets to meet industry needs.
The course has eight modules and can be delivered flexibly depending upon providers' needs and priorities. The full course requires three or four days, but providers can pick a single module (half a day) or various combinations to suit their needs.
The project team will discuss providers' preference for delivery of the following modules within the full course:
- T Levels and FE in context: teaching & learning
- Technical education, pedagogy & reflective practice
- Enhancing technical T&L: coaching & facilitation
- The inclusive classroom
- Curriculum planning & assessment
- Creative curriculum: innovation in design & delivery
- Micro-teaching, feedback & reflection
- Self-assessment & personal development planning
Through booking a place on this course, you consent to sharing your data with the Department for Education. Please see the TLPD Privacy Notice for further details.
If this course is not currently available in your area, and you would like to attend then register your interest. We will let you know about new events as they are announced.