Developing Advanced Practitioners (AP) - National Conference 2020
The conference shares the multi-faceted outcomes of the 'Professional Development Programme for Advanced Practitioners - 2020'. It provides opportunities to participate in and learn about the work of collaborative projects, communities of practice, action learning sets, Thinking Environment practices and online networks.
SET member: £85
Non-SET member: £100 (for individuals working in the further education and training sector and who are employed by an ESFA-funded organisation).
Unsubsidised fee: £125 (not employed by an ESFA-funded organisation)
SET members are entitled to an exclusive 15% discount off this ETF professional development course.
Find out more about SET membership on the Society for Education and Training (SET) website.
Who is this for?
The 2019-2020 AP national conference builds on the success of last year's over-subscribed event. We have ring-fenced places this year so those external to the programme can learn about and share the ground-breaking work and outcomes being achieved by Advanced Practitioners and their managers across the sector.
1. Managers/senior managers with responsibility for a) quality improvement in education and training and b) the professional development of teaching staff.
2. Practitioners working in advanced practitioner-type roles across the education and training sector.*
3. Practitioners working towards or intending to undertake Advanced Teacher Status (ATS) to continue their development.
*Advanced practitioners (APs) often work in a peer-to-peer support structure providing guidance on improving teaching, learning and assessment (TLA). They may also be known as a:
- Teaching and Learning Coach
- Advanced Coach
- Teaching Skills Coach
- Quality Practitioner, etc.
The conference is designed to celebrate, promote and disseminate the work of ETF's 'Professional Development Programme for Advanced Practitioners', designed in early 2018 and now in its second phase. Its aims are multi-faceted.
Three day CPD programme: to explore and develop the knowledge, skills and behaviours of Advanced Practitioners in three areas:
- Delivering effective and powerful CPD that results in improved outcomes for learners.
- Identifying and harnessing outstanding teaching, learning and assessment.
- Driving and leading quality improvements across teams, departments, organisations and localities.
Funded collaborative projects:
- To explore ways of extending, enhancing and embedding AP-type roles within organisations for long-term quality improvements
Innovative CoP strand:
- To build sustainable, self-driven communities for new, existing & year 1 APs to thrive and impact the quality of education.
- celebrates & gives voice to the outcomes of year two of the 'Professional Development Programme for Advanced Practitioners 2020'
- provides opportunities to participate in and learn about the programme's rich collaborative projects, communities of practices, action learning sets, Thinking Environment practices and online networks
- showcases, through AP-led workshops, the programme's multiple projects including those funded by ETF to extend, enhance and embed AP-type roles, smaller QI projects from 3-day CPD programme and via the CoP strand
- facilitates an interactive session with keynote speaker, Professor Rachael Lofthouse of CollectivEd on the innovative development of teachers.
This event is designed for:
• practitioners working in an advanced practitioner-type role within the education and training sector who:
- are already part of the programme this year
- were part of last year's programme
- are not part of this year's programme, but are keen to find out more
• managers with responsibility for teaching and learning or staff professional development.
You must have full support from your line manager to attend, and be committed to sharing conference outcomes post-event back in your organisation.