T Levels: Mentoring
Our mentors will:
- provide you with mentoring support to increase your ability to lead your organisation into T Level readiness
- support you in your understanding of the similarities between apprenticeship delivery and T Levels
- develop your leadership skills to be able to lead teams through change, including personal resilience and emotional intelligence
- better prepare you to develop strategies to implement change in the coming months.
There is no charge to ESFA-funded providers.
A limited number of free places are offered on this course. Please see the 'Upcoming' section above for current availability. Free places are offered to ensure greater diversity on our courses, so to qualify you must either:
- Work in an organisation in one of the 12 opportunity areas (Blackpool, Bradford, Derby, Doncaster, Fenland and East Cambridgeshire, Hastings, Ipswich, Norwich, Oldham, Scarborough, Stoke, West Somerset)
- Work in an organisation with an annual turnover of less than £500,000
- Consider yourself to have a disability
- Come from a Black, Asian or minority ethnic (BAME) background
You must also agree to be contacted by our evaluation team.
To book a free place find a course that has free places remaining and book a single place. At the payments stage of the booking you will be asked to tell us which of the three criteria you meet. Once selected, click on the 'recalculate' button to reduce the cost of the booking to zero and complete the booking.
If, for whatever reason, you are unable to attend, please advise us at least one week before the course takes place. This will allow us to offer the free place to someone else who works in the FE sector, so they can take advantage of this offer.
Who is this for?
Middle managers implementing T Levels.
Mentoring is available once you have attended either a national training event or an in-house training event and completed the e-learning module 1.4 CPD for Middle Managers.
Once you have attended either a national training event or an in-house training event and completed the e-learning module 1.4 CPD for Middle Managers you will be allocated a mentor.
You will need your professional development or your change-project action plan from your T Level CPD activities. Your mentor will then support you in planning and implementing the changes required for effective T Level delivery.
You will have the knowledge and confidence to:
- develop your leadership and management skills for change management
- drive project management of complex change
- implement a new curriculum and how you will ensure effective planning for the delivery of T Levels
- ensure you include the provision for special educational needs and disabilities (SEND)
- guide on leading effective partnerships and employer relationships
- to build networks with fellow middle managers to enable peer learning.
You will receive at least one hour face-to-face mentoring session with additional follow up via telephone.
You will need to be a middle manager implementing T Levels and to have attended either the national training event or in-house training event and completed the e-learning module 1.4 CPD for Middle Managers.
Through booking a place on this course, you consent to sharing your data with the Department for Education. Please see the TLPD Privacy Notice for further details.