Engage and motivate learners (maths)
Maths and English Pipeline
SET member: £148.75 https://set.et-foundation.co.uk
Non-SET member: £175
Hosting is great value and allows you to train 8 or more delegates for the single price of £1,100.
To enquire about hosting please complete this form or call the delivery partner Creative Education on 020 8253 8238.
Who is this course for?
This course is aimed at practising maths teachers in FE for both Functional Skills and GCSE, including work based providers and apprenticeships.
The focus will be on motivation and engagement drawing on tried and tested practice from the Maths Pipeline and Enhancement Programme as well as from research and materials produced by ETF and partners.
- accurately assess learners' starting points and respond to their individual needs
- identify and select appropriate active teaching methods and resources
- explore and critique engaging and motivating approaches to maths
- make effective use of AfL, learner voice and feedback to both monitor and engage learners
- develop, evaluate and assess the impact of appropriate interventions and produce effective case studies to evidence this.
Length of the course
The two days training spread over four weeks will allow you to explore effective teaching approaches and try them out through a short action research assignment.
You will then have the opportunity to share your experiences, learnings and the impact of these projects on day two.
You will need to be teaching a maths class from Entry level 3 to Level 2.