T Levels - Subject Knowledge and Subject Teacher Training for Technical Teachers: Construction (Design, Surveying and Planning)
These short (2.5 hour) workshops will provide you with valuable, practical, teaching tips to support your preparation for T Level delivery.
Delivered by a subject expert, you'll gain an insight into specific subject areas in T Levels and an illustration of how each might be taught.
The workshop will build your knowledge of the T Level syllabus, and your confidence to teach.
Who is this for?
These workshops are suitable for both new and experienced teachers preparing for T Level delivery from 2020 onwards, and other construction technical teachers.
The workshop will focus on the following areas from the outline curriculum, and how each might be taught:
- Business structures in the construction industry
- Information and data in construction
- Materials science
- Relationship management
- Team dynamics.
In addition, you will be invited to bring your own ideas and questions to discuss in an open and friendly forum.
By the end of the workshop participants will have:
- Been introduced to the structure and content of the Construction T Level.
- Considered new topic areas in the Construction T Level
- Completed a range of workshop activities exploring new curriculum topics
- Practiced a range of teaching pedagogies to undertake workshop activities
The workshops are 2.5 hours long: face to face and online variants are available.
Through booking a place on this course, you consent to sharing your data with the Department for Education. Please see the TLPD Privacy Notice for further details.