Everything you need to know about SEND funding for FE learners (Code: C0610)
Delivered by Clare Howard and David Lucas, this one-day workshop responds to requests from participants from our Essential SEND Managers' course. The workshop will explain how to use the various funding streams, provide an outline of how high needs funding, disadvantage blocks and the adult education budget can support learners with SEND including those with EHCPs. It will also provide top tips on contracting, relationships with LAs and direction of travel in high needs funding.
SET member: £85
Non-SET member: £100
This is a subsidised rate for providers that receive funding from the ESFA.
For providers not receiving funding the full cost is £150.
A limited number of free places are offered on this course. Please see the 'Upcoming' section above for current availability. Free places are offered to ensure greater diversity on our courses, so to qualify you must either:
- Work in an organisation in one of the 12 opportunity areas (Blackpool, Bradford, Derby, Doncaster, Fenland and East Cambridgeshire, Hastings, Ipswich, Norwich, Oldham, Scarborough, Stoke, West Somerset)
- Work in an organisation with an annual turnover of less than £500,000
- Consider yourself to have a disability
- Come from a Black, Asian or minority ethnic (BAME) background
You must also agree to be contacted by our evaluation team.
To book a free place find a course that has free places remaining and book a single place. At the payments stage of the booking you will be asked to tell us which of the three criteria you meet. Once selected, click on the 'recalculate' button to reduce the cost of the booking to zero and complete the booking.
If, for whatever reason, you are unable to attend, please advise us at least one week before the course takes place. This will allow us to offer the free place to someone else who works in the FE sector, so they can take advantage of this offer.
SET members are entitled to an exclusive 15% discount off this ETF professional development course.
Find out more about SET membership on the Society for Education and Training (SET) website.
Who is this for?
Non-financial leaders and managers in a SEND role in FE providers.
Improving the knowledge of funding for SEND students among non-financial specialists.
At the end of the day participants will:
- Have a greater understanding of the complexities of the high needs funding system.
- Have a greater understanding of contracting and budgeting, and how to work effectively with LAs.
- Understand how other funding streams can be used to support SEND learners, including those with EHCPs.
- Know more about current developments and directions of travel in relation to High Needs funding and contracting.
If this course is not currently available in your area, and you would like to attend then register your interest. We will let you know about new events as they are announced.