T Levels: Professional Development Conference
The conference will cover:
- Organisational Readiness - curriculum planning
- Understanding T Levels
- Technical Pedagogy
- Professional practice in Digital
- Introduction to developing embedded English, Maths and Digital in T Levels
- Provider insights with Awarding Organisations and 2020 Providers (incl. Q&A)
- Industry Insights (including employer Q&A).
Who is this for?
This event is suitable for all provider types (including schools that are going to be delivering T Levels or are thinking about delivering T Levels) and is for course leaders, lecturers, trainers, teachers, assessors, careers information, advice and guidance, school liaison officers, senior leaders , headteachers, industry placement coordinators, learning support and curriculum planners and managers.
It will also be useful for those supporting learners, parents and guardians to consider T Levels as a progression route option.
Each session will give you an insight into subject specialist areas in T Levels and will share ideas of how each may be taught. It will build your knowledge of the T Level content and support you to enhance your confidence and preparation for T Level delivery.
The conference will also give you updates on what's been happening in the Technical Education and T Level landscape and the chance to hear from Awarding Organisations, FE Providers and employers on their progress for September 2020 and future delivery.
You will leave the day with a better understanding of:
- The performance requirements of the T Level
- The components of T Level assessment
- How T Levels will be graded and how a final grade is achieved
- How formative assessment and grading might be introduced to measure progress and motivate learners
- An introduction to developing embedded English, maths and digital in T Levels
- How to effectively prepare students for assessment
- T Level outline content
- How to make the curriculum reflect current industry practice
- Subject specific pedagogy for T Level delivery
- Middle Managers' curriculum planning
- FE provider insight
- How Industry Insights has supported teachers to upskill
- Up to date information from Awarding Organisations.
This is a one-day conference. There are a range of workshops available in the morning with a workstream for leaders and managers and other colleagues covering different aspects of teaching T Levels. All colleagues will then follow the same programme in the afternoon.
Places are offered at no charge to ESFA-funded providers.
If you or your organisation are part of a Teacher Regional Improvement Project, you will be able to claim remission funding for attending this event.
Through booking a place on this course, you consent to sharing your data with the Department for Education. Please see the TLPD Privacy Notice for further details.