Literacy For Maths: overcoming language Issues in GCSE and Functional Skills Maths (Webinar) (Code: C0654)
Both research evidence and practical experience tells us that often learners lack the English language skills required to effectively engage with maths questions, and that this can hold back their progress and development. This webinar will explore the issue and identify how you can scaffold tasks to make them more accessible to a variety of learners.
There are two pricing options:
- Individual fees: Society for Education and Training member: £21.25 • Non-members: £25
- In-house: To get maximum value from your CPD budget we can run this course for a group of your staff online at a time and venue to suit you for £200 per webinar.
SET members are entitled to an exclusive 15% discount off this ETF professional development course.
Find out more about SET membership on the Society for Education and Training (SET) website.
Who is this for?
Teachers, support teachers, trainers, assessors, mentors and coaches with responsibilities for facilitating maths development.
Curriculum managers responsible for relevant vocational areas and for embedded maths.
- How to organise and support mathematical discussion effectively.
- Exploring strategies to enable learners to read and comprehend mathematical tasks and questions.
- Developing writing skills in maths.
- Developing a mathematical vocabulary.
The webinar will last between 60 and 90 minutes with time for questions. A Padlet will be provided for additional information and follow up activities.
If this course is not currently available in your area, and you would like to attend then register your interest. We will let you know about new events as they are announced.