Embedding maths and English in apprenticeships: embedding strategies (Code: C0663)
This learning package will help you to identify practical strategies and resources to understand and work towards an embedded approach to the delivery of maths and English in apprenticeships. It consists of an online module and an associated interactive webinar.
These learning packages are offered free of charge to support the Further Education sector through these exceptional times.
In-house: to get maximum value we can run this course for a group of your staff online at a time to suit you. Please enquire about running this webinar in-house for further detail.
Who is this for?
This learning package is suitable for those involved in delivering apprenticeships, with responsibilities for facilitating apprentices' maths and English development including employers and providers.
The roles are likely to include:
- workplace managers
- maths and English teachers
- provider managers
- vocational tutors
- workplace assessors.
There are three further learning packages which cover:
- Resources: How to find and use appropriate resources for an embedded approach, including resources to upskill your staff involved in apprenticeship delivery.
- Assessment: How to identify appropriate assessment methods for effective embedding.
- Inclusivity: How to support inclusivity for the effective delivery of maths and English in apprenticeships.
Please note that to access support available through these packages you will need to book separately for each of them.
The aim of this learning package is to help you to understand and work towards an embedded approach to the delivery of maths and English in apprenticeships.
It introduces ideas and provides insight into what people in various roles are doing, or could do, and signposts you to further resources available.
The focus is on helping apprentices achieve their level 2 maths and English in their level 2 and level 3 apprenticeships.
You will have the knowledge and confidence to:
- embed maths and English into authentic workplace practice
- improve apprentices' maths and English learning opportunities
- enhance provider-employer relationships and communication
- develop practical strategies to support maths and English in the workplace
- consider the skills apprentices need for maths and English
- train the mentor and supervisor in their support skills.
The online module does not have a specific time but usually takes approximately 40 minutes.
Webinars are 60 minutes, but the room will be open 15 minutes prior to the start so you can test your kit.
You should be directly or indirectly involved with delivering apprenticeships in the workplace. In particular with an interest in how maths and English are supported or taught.
It is recommended that you complete the online module prior to attending the associated webinar. The module is available via the ETF Foundation Online Learning platform.
If this course is not currently available in your area, and you would like to attend then register your interest. We will let you know about new events as they are announced.