Essential Digital Skills professional development programme - Online (Code: C0677)
Adults with no or low digital skills will be entitled to take Essential Digital Skills (EDS) qualifications free of charge from September 2020.The Essential Digital Skills professional development programme will support teachers, trainers and leaders to deliver the new qualifications based on the national standards for Essential Digital Skills.
Who is this for?
- Teachers/tutors/trainers/lecturers/instructors/assessors/support staff who will be involved in delivering Essential Digital Skills training at Entry and Level 1 including those from:
- Offender Learning
- Learning & Teaching/Curriculum/Quality/Improvement managers
- CPD leads
- Functional Skills leads
- Advanced practitioners
Support practitioners, in developing their skills, knowledge and confidence to deliver the new Essential Digital Skills (EDS) national standards to adult learners.
The training will use a workshop approach and will focus on:
- Assessing strengths and professional development needs to help practitioners prepare for delivering EDS
- Exploring activities, materials and resources that support teaching of EDS competencies including:
- Creating and editing digital media
- Processing numerical data
- Managing traceable online activities
- Online transactions/ buying securely online
- Digital wellbeing.
You will have the knowledge and confidence to:
- Further develop your skills and confidence to teach Essential Digital Skills.
- Introduce the EDS CPD programme to others (cascade).
- Develop an action plan for you/ your team to support the development of EDS delivery (whole organisation approach).
- Contribute to communities of practice.
The broadcast Webinar is 40 minutes (allow up to 60 minutes for participation).
The online Webinar workshop is in two parts with a week apart and is 60-90 minutes.
To qualify for a place on this course you will need to be from an ESFA-funded learning provider and be from the funder's priority group which includes:
- Further Education Colleges
- Independent Training Providers
- Adult Community Learning Providers
- Any other type of ESFA-funded provider that offers Offender Learning, ESOL,Preparation for Life and Work and/or SEND and will be delivering Essential Digital Skills.
You will be involved in delivering Essential Digital Skills training at Entry and Level 1 national standards to adult learners. Attendees will be expected to disseminate their learning within their place of work.