Delivering high quality provision for learners with profound and multiple learning difficulties in the mainstream FE sector (Code: C0679)
This is a one-day training event for FE providers working with, or seeking information about, learners with profound and multiple learning difficulties (PMLD).
The training day will cover various themes including transition, developing the curriculum and personalisation and aims to extend understanding of how to support all learners effectively in the mainstream FE sector.
SET member: £85
Non-SET member: £100
This is a subsidised rate for providers that receive funding from the ESFA. For providers not receiving funding the full cost is £150.
A limited number of free places are offered on this course. Please see the 'Upcoming' section above for current availability. Free places are offered to ensure greater diversity on our courses, so to qualify you must either:
- Work in an organisation in one of the 12 opportunity areas (Blackpool, Bradford, Derby, Doncaster, Fenland and East Cambridgeshire, Hastings, Ipswich, Norwich, Oldham, Scarborough, Stoke, West Somerset)
- Work in an organisation with an annual turnover of less than £500,000
- Consider yourself to have a disability
- Come from a Black, Asian or minority ethnic (BAME) background
You must also agree to be contacted by our evaluation team.
To book a free place find a course that has free places remaining and book a single place. At the payments stage of the booking you will be asked to tell us which of the three criteria you meet. Once selected, click on the 'recalculate' button to reduce the cost of the booking to zero and complete the booking.
If, for whatever reason, you are unable to attend, please advise us at least one week before the course takes place. This will allow us to offer the free place to someone else who works in the FE sector, so they can take advantage of this offer.
SET members are entitled to an exclusive 15% discount off this ETF professional development course.
Find out more about SET membership on the Society for Education and Training (SET) website.
Who is this for?
- Providers who are considering expanding their provision to include learners with PMLD
- Providers who are already developing their provision for learners with PMLD and want to learn from the sector
- Providers who have established provision for learners with PMLD and want an opportunity for review and self-assessment.
Support the development of high-quality PMLD provision across the sector.
Delegates will learn:
- How to benefit from best practice in FE PMLD provision
- The value of self-assessment and how to use the self-assessment tool
- The risks involved and how to mitigate these
- Next steps in development of your provision
- Contact details for networking and sharing ideas.
If this course is not currently available in your area, and you would like to attend then register your interest. We will let you know about new events as they are announced.