Collaborative Training Days - West Midlands
Collaborative Training Days
SET members: limited places available for only £20! https://set.et-foundation.co.uk
Non SET-member: £100
Bursaries for Free places: (http://www.et-foundation.co.uk/supporting/courses/bursaries/)
3 for 2 offer
To claim your 3rd person discount, please call our Booking Support Line on 0800 0 831 830.
Please quote the "CPDD 3 for 2". If you have previously booked two people on one of our CPDD courses, please provide the booking reference numbers for these 2 bookings to be eligible for the discount.
Please note that purchase of places totalling under £250 need to be made using a debit/credit card.
Who is this course for?
Practitioners working in:
- FE colleges
- Independent training providers
- Post-16 schools
- Sixth Form Colleges
- Institutes of adult learning
- Local authorities
- Offender learning
- Third sector organisations.
This event will give you a chance to develop teaching skills, discover free resources and tips and learn from best practice examples from the sector.
You will have increased knowledge and confidence to:
- support vocational learners in their maths/English studies
- use innovative and free resources for technologically-enabled learning in your teaching
- reflect on and apply techniques for improving behaviour management of learners
- further develop your teaching practice using the Professional Standards for Teachers and Trainers
- discover innovative approaches to specific issues in FE from practitioner showcases.
Length of the course
One-day training event.
As part of the event there will be a series of workshops and collaborative practice sessions you will need to choose two workshops AND two collaborative practice sessions.
The Workshops are:
- Supporting vocational learners in English
- Supporting vocational learners in maths
- Quick wins in technology-enabled learning
- Behaviour management and promoting learner engagement
Collaborative practice sessions are:
- Short presentations about current ETF English and maths pipeline offer and the opportunity for individual consultations
- Managing behaviour: West Midlands college case study
- Increasing student motivation in English and maths in FE
- Demonstration of the Blended Learning Consortium resources specifically developed for the FE curriculum
- Being Outstanding in an Ofsted inspection: lessons from a Grade 1 private training provider
Please contact CPDD@emfec.co.uk to advise of your 'workshop' and 'collaborative practice session' choices when you have booked.