Embedding maths and English in apprenticeships: resources (Code: C0682)
This learning package will help you identify and use appropriate resources for an embedded approach to the delivery of maths and English in apprenticeships. It consists of an online module and an associated interactive webinar.
There is no charge for these learning packages as they are part of a pilot.
Who is this for?
This learning package is for those involved in delivering apprenticeships, with responsibilities for facilitating apprentices' maths and English development including employers and providers.
The roles are likely to include:
- workplace managers
- maths and English teachers
- provider managers
- vocational tutors
- workplace assessors.
There are three further learning packages which cover:
- Embedding strategies: How to work towards an embedded approach to the delivery of maths and English in apprenticeships
- Assessment: How to identify appropriate assessment methods for effective embedding
- Inclusivity: How to support inclusivity for the effective delivery of maths and English in apprenticeships
Please note that to access support available through these packages you will need to book separately for each of them.
The aim of this learning package is to help you to find and use resources for an embedded approach to the delivery of maths and English in apprenticeships. This includes resources to help identify and support the skills needed by those involved in apprenticeship delivery, directly or indirectly, both in the workplace and by the provider.
It introduces ideas and provides insight into what people in various roles are doing, or could do, and signposts to further resources.
The focus is on helping apprentices achieve their Level 2 maths and English in their level 2 and level 3 apprenticeships.
You will have the knowledge and confidence to:
- identify the skills needed to deliver maths and English in apprenticeships
- support those involved in delivery
- identify useful maths and English resources
- create resources to realistically embed learning
- implement digital approaches to support apprentices' maths and English development.
The online module does not have a specific time but usually takes approximately 40 minutes.
Webinars are 60 minutes, but the room will be open 30 minutes prior to the start so you can test your kit.
You should be directly or indirectly involved with delivering apprenticeships in the workplace. In particular with an interest in how maths and English are supported or taught.
It is recommended that you complete the online module prior to attending the associated webinar.
You will receive an email with information on how to access the online module and the webinar. Two separate bookings are required to access the full support available through this package.