Embedding maths and English in apprenticeships: inclusivity (Code: C0685)
This learning package will help you to support inclusivity in an embedded approach to the delivery of maths and English in apprenticeships. It consists of an online module and an associated interactive webinar.
These learning packages are offered free of charge to support the Further Education sector through these exceptional times.
In-house: to get maximum value we can run this course for a group of your staff online at a time to suit you. Please enquire about running this webinar in-house for further detail.
Who is this for?
This learning package is for those involved in delivering apprenticeships, with responsibilities for facilitating apprentices' maths and English development including employers and providers.
The roles are likely to include:
- workplace managers
- maths and English teachers
- provider managers
- vocational tutors
- workplace assessors.
There are three further learning packages which cover:
- Embedding strategies: How to work towards an embedded approach to the delivery of maths and English in apprenticeships
- Resources: How to find and use appropriate resources for an embedded approach, including resources to upskill your staff involved in apprenticeship delivery
- Assessment: How to identify appropriate assessment methods for effective embedding
Please note that to access support available through these packages you will need to book separately for each of them.
The aim of this learning package is to help you to understand and work towards inclusivity in the delivery of an embedded approach to the delivery of maths and English in apprenticeships.
It introduces ideas and provides insight into what people in various roles are doing, or could do, and signposts to further resources available.
The focus is on helping apprentices achieve their Level 2 maths and English in their level 2 and level 3 apprenticeships.
You will have the knowledge and confidence to:
- recognise the importance of getting to know your apprentices
- understand inclusivity implications for apprentices
- understand how to create an inclusive learning environment
- work with all staff to help all learners benefit from inclusivity
- design a supportive and inclusive curriculum in maths and English
- adapt maths and English learning activities to make them more inclusive.
The online module does not have a specific time but usually takes approximately 40 minutes.
Webinars are 60 minutes, but the room will be open 15 minutes prior to the start so you can test your kit.
You should be directly or indirectly involved with delivering apprenticeships in the workplace. In particular with an interest in how maths and English are supported or taught.
It is recommended that you complete the online module prior to attending the associated webinar.
The module is available via the ETF Foundation Online Learning platform.
If this course is not currently available in your area, and you would like to attend then register your interest. We will let you know about new events as they are announced.