Digital in T Levels: Understanding the competencies (Code: C0687)
This is a 90-minute, online webinar session and is part of the ETF programme supporting the teaching of core digital skills, which are embedded in each T Level.
The webinar is a stand-alone event which investigates the Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education's new General Digital Competencies and explores ways in which embedded digital skills can be developed using authentic, work-related learning activities.
Who is this for?
This webinar is designed to appeal to T Level educators; this includes curriculum planners, course leaders, lecturers, trainers, assessors and support staff. Prior digital skills development expertise is not required.
To support practitioners to explore the digital skills set out in the General Digital Competencies (GDCs) which help underpin digital skills aspects of the T Level curriculum in order to prepare for T Level delivery. The webinar will:
- help practitioners to identify the GDCs and how they relate to T Levels
- enable practitioners to analyse the general and specialist digital skills required for work and learning in their technical areas
- consider where digital skills sit within wider techno-mathematical literacies (fusions of English, maths and digital skills used in a workplace context)
- will consider a variety of evidence-based AfL (Assessment for Learning) strategies devised by practitioners preparing for T Levels
- encourage practitioners to reflect on their own training/development needs and how they will work with colleagues to plan and design new teaching and learning resources.
By the end of the session, you will have the knowledge and confidence to:
- outline the digital skills requirements for learners on T Level programmes
- identify key digital skills used in wider life and learning
- explain how digital skills fit within wider techno-mathematical literacies
- use/develop evidence-informed techniques to enhance learners' digital skills
- use the Foundation's Digital Teaching Professional Framework to identify your own/team's development needs around digital skills development
- create an action plan for own/team's digital skills development
- signpost further sources of support for digital skills and pedagogical development.
For those preparing to deliver T Levels.
This will be an interactive webinar. To ensure you get the most out of the experience, please try to access a webcam-enabled laptop or PC.
Through booking a place on this course, you consent to sharing your data with the Department for Education. Please see the TLPD Privacy Notice for further details.