Maths in T Levels: Working on the boundaries and the mathematical competences (Code: C0689)
This is a 90-minute interactive webinar which is part of the ETF programme supporting the teaching of embedded Maths in T Levels.
The webinar is a stand-alone event which explores the maths skills required by learners undertaking T Levels as they make the transition from school to work.
Who is this for?
The webinar is designed to appeal to T Level educators; this includes curriculum planners, course leaders, lecturers, trainers, assessors and support staff. It is not aimed at maths specialists. Specific maths qualifications or extensive experience in this area is not required for this course.
To support practitioners to explore the mathematical skills required for work and learning in their specialism in order to prepare for T Level delivery. This webinar will:
- help practitioners to identify the maths skills needed in work
- consider how using maths at work may be different from the way they used maths at school
- support practitioners to consider the appropriate maths level needed for their T Level programmes and the challenges learners may face in relation to maths
- encourage practitioners to reflect upon their own training and development needs.
By the end of the session, you will have the knowledge and confidence to:
- identify maths skills needed at work in general and how they may be used
- identify the mathematical concepts, skills and understanding required within your T Level
- reflect on what would be an appropriate mathematical level for T Level students
- identify mathematical competences used, degree of accuracy and assumptions
- identify 'back of an envelope' estimates for students within your technical area
- identify your own/ team's development needs around developing embedded maths in T Levels
- locate and signpost colleagues to sources of support for personal and pedagogical development of teachers' maths.
For those preparing to deliver T Levels.
This will be an interactive webinar. To ensure you get the most out of the experience, please try to access a webcam-enabled laptop or PC.
Through booking a place on this course, you consent to sharing your data with the Department for Education. Please see the TLPD Privacy Notice for further details.