Supporting learners with SEND (webinar) (Code: C0691)
This webinar introduces practitioners to a series of strategies that can help support learners with SEND and/or neuro-diversities with their maths and English learning.
SET member: £21.25
Non-SET member: £25
This is a subsidised rate for providers that receive funding from the ESFA.
For providers not receiving funding the full cost is £37.50
A limited number of free places are offered on this course. Please see the 'Upcoming' section above for current availability. Free places are offered to ensure greater diversity on our courses, so to qualify you must either:
- Work in an organisation in one of the 12 opportunity areas (Blackpool, Bradford, Derby, Doncaster, Fenland and East Cambridgeshire, Hastings, Ipswich, Norwich, Oldham, Scarborough, Stoke, West Somerset)
- Work in an organisation with an annual turnover of less than £500,000
- Consider yourself to have a disability
- Come from a Black, Asian or minority ethnic (BAME) background
You must also agree to be contacted by our evaluation team.
To book a free place find a course that has free places remaining and book a single place. At the payments stage of the booking you will be asked to tell us which of the three criteria you meet. Once selected, click on the 'recalculate' button to reduce the cost of the booking to zero and complete the booking.
If, for whatever reason, you are unable to attend, please advise us at least one week before the course takes place. This will allow us to offer the free place to someone else who works in the FE sector, so they can take advantage of this offer.
SET members are entitled to an exclusive 15% discount off this ETF professional development course.
Find out more about SET membership on the Society for Education and Training (SET) website.
Who is this for?
Anyone supporting and/or teaching English and/or maths learners with SEND or neuro-diversities.
The aim of this webinar is to introduce practitioners to a range of strategies and ideas for teaching, learning and assessment that can be employed to support maths and English learners with SEND and/or neuro-diversities to actively participate and engage in their learning.
By the end of the session you will have the knowledge and confidence to:
- discuss the barriers to learning that learners with SEND or neuro-diversities may face
- consider support strategies that help all learners to actively engage in their learning
- share good practice and learn from other practitioners.
90 minutes (virtual room will be open 30 minutes before the webinar starts so you can test your equipment)
Technical requirements :
- a software download is required which you can download in advance or on the day from this link https://zoom.us/download.
- a good internet connection
- a set of headphones, in-earphones (like you would use for a mobile phone or tablet), or a mic-phones headset.
- a webcam although not essential is very helpful.
There are no formal entry requirements for this webinar.