Further Forces Recruitment Conferences (Code: C0720)
The Further Forces National Recruitment Conference brings together service leavers, FE providers, charitable organisations, stakeholders ,Ministry of Defence and Careers Transition Partnership colleagues to raise awareness of the opportunities and support available through the Further Forces programme.
Who is this for?
- Recent or prospective service leavers interested in a career in FE Technical Teaching
- Service leavers currently engaged in various stages of the programme wanting to meet FE Providers and discuss possible vacancies
- FE Providers looking to fill current vacancies
- Charitable Organisations and Stakeholders that support service leavers to resettle and transition into FE Technical Teaching
- Ministry of Defence colleagues who will be able to discuss the knowledge, skills of service leavers and their transfer-ability to careers in FE technical teaching
The day is made up of keynote presentations, workshops and panel discussion sessions. It is designed to support services leavers and FE providers. Guest speakers include service leavers already engaged in the programme, FE providers and Mentors, as well as representatives from the Ministry of Defence, the Careers Transition Partnership, and the Southern and Northern Further Forces Hubs.
Each session gives delegates an insight into the Further Forces Programme and the support it provides, including examples of the programme's impact to date and the perspectives of service leavers, FE providers and key partners.
The conference also provides updates on the wider Technical Education landscape, including the development of the new T Level qualifications, and ensures colleagues have a raised awareness of the wider ETF workforce development support offer which includes other teacher recruitment programmes such as Taking Teaching Further and SET for Teaching Success.
- Raise your awareness of the Further Forces programme and the support available to service leavers and FE provider organisations
- Learn from service leavers and FE providers engaged with the programme why you may wish to become involved
- Understand the support and resources that are immediately available to both service leavers and FE providers
- Understand next steps and the time scales
Colleagues may wish to attend just the morning sessions and they would be welcome to do so.
These events are open to all of those with an interest in the Further Forces programme. Please get in touch if you have any queries about eligibility.