FE Insight Days- Further Forces (Code: C0721)
Insight Days allow service leavers to find out all about the Further Forces programme, as well as an opportunity to experience the teaching environment first hand, meet and chat with students and teachers, and find out all about life at a Further Education provider.
Who is this for?
- Recent or prospective service leavers interested in a career in FE Technical Teaching
- Service leavers currently engaged in various stages of the programme wanting to meet FE Providers and discuss possible vacancies, find out more about mentoring support or other programme queries.
The day is made up of presentations, workshops and one to one discussion sessions. It is designed to support services leavers to understand the support available to them through the ETF Further Forces Programme. Guest speakers include service leavers already engaged in the programme, FE providers and Mentors, as well as representatives from the Southern and Northern Further Forces Hubs.
Service personnel will gain an understanding of the Further Forces programme and how they can progress their application.
- Raise your awareness of the Further Forces programme and the support available to service leavers
- Learn from service leavers and FE providers engaged with the programme why you may wish to become involved
- Understand the support and resources that are immediately available to service leavers
- Speak with teachers and students at an FE Provider to get a better understanding of what it would be like to work in the FE Sector as a technical teacher
- Understand next steps and time scales
These events are open to any service leavers.
The Further Forces programme is open to service leavers who are due to leave the services, or have left the services in the past five years.
Please get in touch if you have any queries about eligibility.