Effective management of problems in your maths and English teams (webinar) (Code: C0730)
This webinar will explore practical ways to help us understand and deal with people whose behaviour for whatever reasons create a barrier to effective teaching, learning and effective running of maths and English departments.
There are two pricing options:
• Society for Education and Training member: £21.25
• Non-members: £25
To get maximum value from your CPD budget we can run this course for a group of your staff online at a time and venue to suit you for £200 per webinar.
A limited number of free places are offered on this course. Please see the 'Upcoming' section above for current availability. Free places are offered to ensure greater diversity on our courses, so to qualify you must either:
- Work in an organisation in one of the 12 opportunity areas (Blackpool, Bradford, Derby, Doncaster, Fenland and East Cambridgeshire, Hastings, Ipswich, Norwich, Oldham, Scarborough, Stoke, West Somerset)
- Work in an organisation with an annual turnover of less than £500,000
- Consider yourself to have a disability
- Come from a Black, Asian or minority ethnic (BAME) background
You must also agree to be contacted by our evaluation team.
To book a free place find a course that has free places remaining and book a single place. At the payments stage of the booking you will be asked to tell us which of the three criteria you meet. Once selected, click on the 'recalculate' button to reduce the cost of the booking to zero and complete the booking.
If, for whatever reason, you are unable to attend, please advise us at least one week before the course takes place. This will allow us to offer the free place to someone else who works in the FE sector, so they can take advantage of this offer.
SET members are entitled to an exclusive 15% discount off this ETF professional development course.
Find out more about SET membership on the Society for Education and Training (SET) website.
Who is this for?
Managers/middle managers/heads of department/teachers/support staff.
To explore practical ways to help us understand and deal with people whose behaviour for whatever reasons create a barrier to effective teaching, learning and effective running of the maths and English departments.
- Identifying the problems-working on the right problems
- Strategies to support, empower and manage difficult people
- Assertiveness techniques and ways of managing our own responses
The webinar will last between 60 and 90 minutes with time for questions. A Padlet will be provided for additional information and follow up activities.