Supporting learners in VLEs (Code: C0734)
How do we support learners suddenly faced with learning independently online? This webinar will look at tools that build a route through learning content and provide offline support to learners.
For the session, we will use Moodle to demonstrate features within a VLE to support online learning. We will look at the use of tracking, conditional statements, glossaries, and forum.
To demonstrate features within a VLE to support online learning.
Enhance Modules used for this webinar include:
- Accessibility: Creating inclusive content (Principle and Practice)
- Dealing with difference and diversity: Accommodating different levels of digital skills
- VLE: Embedding content into VLEs to improve learning
- Collaborative learning: Collaborative learning activities for online learners
- VLE: Supporting and guiding learners with a VLE
- Dealing with difference and diversity: Resolving intermittent and disruptive attendance
- Features within a VLE to support online learning.
- The use of tracking, conditional statements, glossaries, and forum.
- The Enhance Digital Teaching Platform and how to explore modules.
- Creating inclusive content Principles and Practice.
- Accommodating different levels of digital skills.
- Embedding content into VLEs to improve learning.
- Collaborative learning activities for online learners.
- Supporting and guiding learners with a VLE.
- Resolving intermittent and disruptive attendance.
For those who have already been using our accessibility and dealing with difference and diversity modules: don't forget to submit a reflection on your training and you will receive personalised feedback from our panel of experts if you submit before 30 March.
60 minutes. (A recording will be posted after the session to support the sector post-event.)
None, although to get the most from this session we strongly encourage you to register for free on the Enhance Digital Teaching Platform beforehand. This will allow your activities in the session to count towards your professional development.
If this course is not currently available in your area, and you would like to attend then register your interest. We will let you know about new events as they are announced.