Engaging learners in VLEs (Code: C0735)
How do we motivate and engage learners suddenly faced with learning independently online?
This webinar will look at tools that can be used within a VLE help to motivate and engage learners by adding collaborative activities and gamification.
For the session, we will use Moodle to demonstrate features within a VLE to support online learning. We will look at the use of forums, wikis, quiz, and badges.
Who is this for?
Teachers, trainers and managers in the Further Education and Training sector.
To examine the tools that can be used within a VLE help to motivate and engage learners by adding collaborative activities and gamification.
Enhance Digital Teaching Platform modules used for this webinar include:
- Accessibility: Creating inclusive content (Principles and Practice )
- Dealing with difference and diversity: Accommodating different levels of digital skills
- VLE: Embedding content into VLEs to improve learning
- Collaborative learning: Collaborative learning activities for online learners
- VLE: Supporting and guiding learners with a VLE
- Supporting and guiding learners with a VLE
- Tools that can be used within a VLE help to motive and engage learners
- Collaborative learning activities and gamification for online learners
- The use of forums, wikis, quiz and badges.
- Creating inclusive content
- Accommodating different levels of digital skills
- Embedding content into VLEs to improve learning
For those who have already been using our accessibility and dealing with difference and diversity modules: don't forget to submit a reflection on your training and you will receive personalised feedback from our panel of experts if you submit before 30 March.
60 minutes. (A recording will be posted after the session to support the sector post-event.)
None, although to get the most from this session we strongly encourage you to register for free on the Enhance Digital Teaching Platform beforehand. This will allow your activities in the session to count towards your professional development.