Attendance and Motivation: Maths (Code: C0741)
This practical course will focus on how to engage and motivate learners to attend and remain on maths courses and will include supporting learners remotely and issues surrounding resilience and self-efficacy. The course will support practitioners to help learners with maths anxiety and recognise and address cognitive overload with strategies to support these issues.
Who is this for?
This course is suitable for GCSE and Functional Skills maths teachers in Further Education and Training settings.
This course will:
- explore how to support learners to value maths skills
- investigate how to match teaching to the needs of learners and how coaching and resilience strategies can support teaching practice and encourage learners to engage.
- outline the principles behind the AfL effective practice guidelines
You will have the knowledge and confidence to:
- design authentic maths activities that engage and motivate learners
- support learners to monitor and evaluate their own learning (in line with AfL effective practice guidelines)
- include coaching, resilience and other strategies into your practice.
This is a blended learning course, which consists of two 90-minute live sessions and self-led learning between them. The live sessions are one week apart, giving you a week to complete the mid-course tasks.
GCSE and Functional Skills maths teachers in Further Education and Training settings.