Attendance and Motivation: English (Code: C0742)
This course will focus on how to engage and motivate learners to attend and remain on English courses and will include supporting learners remotely and issues surrounding resilience and self-efficacy. The course will support practitioners to use innovative approaches to engage learners in reading and writing, drawing on recent practitioner research findings (from OTLA 6).
Who is this for?
This course is suitable for GCSE and Functional Skills English teachers in Further Education and Training settings.
This course will:
- explore how to support learners to feel more confident about their abilities in English
- investigate how to match teaching to the needs of learners and how coaching and resilience strategies can support teaching practice and encourage learners to engage.
- outline the principles behind the AfL effective practice guidelines
You will have the knowledge and confidence to:
- understand how learners feel about English and how this should impact on learning design
- plan authentic activities that engage and motivate learners and develop their resilience
- support learners to monitor and evaluate their own learning (in line with AfL effective practice guidelines)
This is a blended learning course, which consists of two 90-minute live sessions and self-led learning between them. The live sessions are one week apart, giving you a week to complete the mid-course tasks.
If this course is not currently available in your area, and you would like to attend then register your interest. We will let you know about new events as they are announced.