Developing maths in vocational/ technical contexts (Code: C0743)
This course will support technical and vocational tutors, trainers and assessors to identify naturally occurring opportunities to develop learners' maths skills which are needed for them to successfully complete their study programme, apprenticeship or vocational/ technical course.
Who is this for?
This course is suitable for technical and vocational tutors and assessors.
Maths tutors who are embedding, or supporting the development of maths skills across vocational and industrial programmes will find this course useful.
This course aims to provide an opportunity to:
- experience a range of activities which have been used successfully with post-16 learners
- discuss how these activities can be adapted for your vocational areas and circumstances
- deepen understanding of the research and theory behind the activities and approaches.
By the end of the session you will have:
- a deepened understanding of key mathematical ideas
- self-assessed your own personal maths skills
- an understanding of where you can develop your skills further
- identified a change to make to your practice.
This is a blended learning course, which consists of two 90-minute live sessions and self-led learning between them. The live sessions are one week apart, giving you a week to complete the mid-course tasks.
If this course is not currently available in your area, and you would like to attend then register your interest. We will let you know about new events as they are announced.