Developing English in vocational/ technical contexts (Code: C0744)
This course will support technical and vocational tutors, trainers and assessors to identify naturally occurring opportunities to develop learners' English skills which are needed for them to successfully complete their study programme, apprenticeship or vocational/ technical course.
Who is this for?
This course is suitable for technical and vocational tutors and assessors.
Participants will be able plan and deliver teaching and learning activities which develop learners' vocationally or technically relevant English skills to meet their assessed needs.
By the end of the session you will have:
- experienced a range of activities which have been used with post-16 learners
- developed learners' communication skills in the context of their planned occupation
- identified naturally-occurring opportunities to develop learners' English skills
- considered how to plan activities to engage learners with reading texts relevant to their occupation
- considered how to develop relevant vocabulary and spelling.
This is a blended learning course, which consists of two 90-minute live sessions and self-led learning between them. The live sessions are one week apart, giving you a week to complete the mid-course tasks.
If this course is not currently available in your area, and you would like to attend then register your interest. We will let you know about new events as they are announced.