Maths: getting the basics right (Code: C0749)
This course will support practitioners to plan practical teaching approaches to support their learners, looking particularly at the maths skills which are often seen as 'basic' but that many learners have not learned effectively.
Who is this for?
This course is suitable for GCSE and Functional Skills maths teachers.
This course aims to investigate some of the 'basic' skills which are vital to learners' maths understanding.
Each session will allow delegates to discuss practical approaches to get the basics right allowing their learners to succeed and become more motivated to move on in their learning.
By the end of the session you will have considered:
- unpicking classic maths mistakes
- the building blocks of maths learning
- the importance of getting the basics right before moving on
- how the basics are crucial to progress
- how you can support learners to develop their confidence and move on.
This is a blended learning course, which consists of two 90-minute live sessions and self-led learning between them. The live sessions are one week apart, giving you a week to complete the mid-course tasks.
GCSE and Functional Skills maths teachers.