Maths: key topics learners find challenging (Code: C0750)
This course will investigate the maths topics learners find challenging and consider strategies to support learning. A range of resources and best practice approaches will be discussed. Structuring learning to encourage learners to tackle, remember and secure their learning will be considered.
Who is this for?
This course is suitable for GCSE and Functional Skills maths teachers.
- To consider how to promote mathematical thinking amongst your learners in order to tackle their maths challenges.
- To encourage maths learners to embrace their mistakes.
- To support teachers and tutors to understand their learners through their mistakes.
- To consider how 'mastery strategies' can be incorporated into practice.
By the end of the session you will have:
- considered the misconceptions which hinder learners' understanding and how to tackle them
- considered a variety of strategies to support your learners with these challenging topics including 'mastery strategies'
- a range of resources to use with your learners.
This is a blended learning course, which consists of two 90-minute live sessions and self-led learning between them. The live sessions are one week apart, giving you a week to complete the mid-course tasks.
If this course is not currently available in your area, and you would like to attend then register your interest. We will let you know about new events as they are announced.