Maths and English digital pedagogies (Code: C0752)
This course explores a range of digital approaches, e-learning tools and websites for use in teaching Functional Maths and English. It aims to give participants an opportunity to widen their perspectives on how teachers can use digital technology to engage and support learners both in the classroom and in the development of blended learning.
Who is this for?
- Functional and GCSE Maths and English teachers
- Vocational and technical trainers involved in embedded support
- Learning Support Assistants
This course aims to explore and evaluate a range of digital approaches, e-learning tools and websites with direct reference to their relevance in improving learner engagement and achievement in Functional English and Functional Maths.
You will have the knowledge and confidence to:
- reflect on the way digital technology can enrich good practice in Functional Skills teaching as well as promote innovative delivery models
- share examples of good practice in the use of e-learning tools and digital approaches
- evaluate a range of tutor-devised digital resources created for use in classroom teaching and in blended learning
- explore some popular online resource banks, websites, blogs and YouTube channels.
This is a blended learning course, which consists of two 90-minute live sessions and self-led learning between them. The live sessions are one week apart, giving you a week to complete the mid-course tasks.