Centres for Excellence in Maths (CfEM) Mini-Conference 2020: #CfEMLive4 - MASTERY, MOTIVATION & ENGAGEMENT and DATA & TECH (Code: C0791)
Join our fourth #CfEMLive online event which sees maths practitioners from across England sharing outcomes from their small scale action research projects. The themes are Mastery, Motivation & Engagement and Data & Technology.
Who is this for?
For anyone who wants to explore what CfEM action research groups across the Further Education (FE) and Training sector found out about maths teaching and teacher development on the topics of mastery, motivation & engagement and data & technology
The event will be of particular interest to:
- the 101 participants who attended the CfEM Action Research Development Programme during 2019-2020
- CfEM network partners
- CfEM Leads
- Maths teachers from the education and training sector
- Support staff
- Maths curriculum leads
#CFEMLive - Mastery, Motivation & Engagement and Data & Technology is an online flexible event designed to celebrate, promote and share the work undertaken by action research groups as part of the CfEM Action Research Professional Development Programme.
- Celebrates and gives voice to the practitioner groups involved in CfEM collaborative action research.
- Learn from action research groups' inquiry questions on the themes of mastery, motivation & engagement and data & technology.
- Connects practitioners to a wider maths community.
- Showcases, through provider-led presentations, progress and achievements across the CfEM Action Research Professional Development Programme.
This is an online event which will run from 10.00 - 14.30.
You can view the timetable here . Please note the timetable may be subject to some minor tweaks.
Registration 9:30 (virtual)
Session 1 10:00-11.00
Session 2 11:00-12:00
Session 3 12:30-13:30
Session 4 13:30-14:30
Please do feel free to join at the relevant hour if you can not make the entire event. We would love to see you at the online event.
No entry requirements other than an interest in maths teaching and teacher development in post-14 maths teaching, learning and assessment
- we will be using Zoom for our online platform
- a good internet connection
- a set of headphones, in-earphones (like you would use for a mobile phone or tablet), or a mic-phones headset
Joining instructions will be provided once you have signed up.
If this course is not currently available in your area, and you would like to attend then register your interest. We will let you know about new events as they are announced.