Governance Development Online Networking Events (Code: C0799)
This course is a series of online networking and development events for FE College Chairs, CEOs/Principals, and Governance Professionals to generate the sharing of innovative and creative thinking in order to assist them in their roles during these challenging and unprecedented times.
College Chairs can also join the Chairs' Development Network group on LinkedIn.
Who is this for?
This webinar is open to Chairs, CEOs/Principals, and Governance Professionals.
For the next webinar in our series of governance networking events, we are privileged to be joined by Steve Maslin, Executive Director and Chair. Steve brings over 30 years of experience in finance, auditing, policy, risk and regulations.
This webinar will cover:
- Empirical evidence based on data and research by the Governance Institute at Grant Thornton on the impact of good governance on organisational performance
- Steve's experience of effective governance based on his positions as Chair and experienced Non-Executive Director in both the educational and charity sector
- Gain an understanding on how strong governance establishes structures and behaviours that improve leadership, accountability, and effectiveness
- Be aware of the link between effective governance and better decision-making which drives organisational performance
- Learn how good governance is not merely a compliance exercise but a lever to genuinely add value for stakeholders of an organisation
- Through research, view the hypothesis that there is a proven link between strong governance and the creation of sustainable value
- From the speaker's experience, view the above as it applies in an educational environment
1.5 hours max.
This programme is open to Chairs, CEOs/Principals, and Governance Professionals.