Releasing the genie – helping teachers and learners tap into the potential of students’ personal devices (Code: C0812)
The most powerful educational technology you will ever use with your students does not belong to your organisation. It belongs to the students. Your student's mobile phone can support learning in a wide range of ways from personal organisation to research and referencing, reading more efficiently, writing more productively, mastery learning, collaborative learning and alternative assignments.
Who is this for?
Teachers, trainers and managers in the Further Education and Training sector.
To help practitioners see how learners' mobile devices can be a really powerful tool in supporting learners with a wide range of student needs when learning remotely. Supporting Enhance Modules for this webinar include:
- Accessibility: Bring your own device (BOYD) teaching strategies
- Accessibility: Supporting special learning needs
- Accessibility: What is assistive technology?
- Accessibility: Learning benefits of Text to Speech
- Accessibility: Equitable access to digital technologies
- Mobile learning: Benefits of mobile-friendly learning
- Mobile learning: Designing mobile-friendly learning
An introduction to:
- Inbuilt accessibility features in mobile devices
- Apps available that support learners with specific needs
- Opportunities for richer pedagogies including formative assessment and alternative assignments
For those who have already been using our accessibility and dealing with difference and diversity modules: don't forget to submit a reflection on your training and you will receive personalised feedback from our panel of experts.
60 minutes. (A recording will be posted after the session to support the sector post-event.)
None, although to get the most from this session we strongly encourage you to register for free on the Enhance Digital Teaching Platform beforehand.