Essential Digital Skills for lead trainers and managers (Code: C0843)
This interactive course provides trainers and leaders with the resources, ideas and support to deliver in-house professional development sessions that will introduce practitioners to the Education and Training Foundation's Essential Digital Skills (EDS) programme.
Who is this for?
Trainers and leaders who are preparing practitioners to deliver the EDS programme or who wish to use the resources to develop practitioner digital skills.
Curriculum managers/leaders who will be involved in supporting delivering within the organisations:
- Learning & Teaching / Curriculum / Quality / Improvement managers
- CPD leads
- Functional Skills leads
- Advanced practitioners
You will be involved in preparing your organisation for delivering Essential Digital Skills qualifications including upskilling practitioners to deliver training at Entry and Level 1 national standards to adult learners. Alternatively, you may be planning to use the EDS resources to upskill your organisation's practitioners' digital skills.
To support trainers and leaders to:
- Introduce their organisation's practitioners to the EDS Programme.
- Encourage practitioners to explore the wealth of materials available from the Education and Training Foundation to develop their skills, knowledge and confidence to deliver the new EDS national standards to adult learners.
The training will use a participative approach, with trainers discussing and sharing how best to use the resources available.
The sessions will focus on:
- Exploring, navigating and understanding the Enhance Digital Teaching Platform (Enhance DTP) and the resources and tools available.
- Exploring the trainer resource pack.
- The community of practice, its purpose, the thinking/philosophy behind the open and transparent nature of the community.
- Using the EDS Scenarios.
Exploring the EDS Learning Guides and tailoring your session.
You will have the knowledge and confidence to:
- Introduce the EDS CPD programme to others (team/individuals), adapting the session plan to support your audience.
- Lead others (team/individuals) in exploring the EnhanceDTP and the EDS resources accessible through the platform.
- Facilitate the development of practitioner action planning to support the development of EDS delivery.
- Encourage at least 2 practitioners to contribute to the community of practice.
Delivery is online via video conference and the Enhance Digital Teaching Platform (EnhanceDTP).
The programme consists of two 90-minute online workshops and participation in the EDS community of practice on the Enhance DTP. (This is likely to require an additional commitment of at least 30 minutes, but this will depend on how much time you spend reading and contributing to the community).
If you have not already explored the Enhance DTP you will also need to invest approximately 2 hours in meeting the course prerequisites.
To qualify for a place on this course you will need to be from an ESFA-funded learning provider and be from the funder's priority group which includes:
- Further Education Colleges
- Independent Training Providers
- Adult Community Learning Providers
- Any other type of ESFA-funded provider that offers Offender Learning, ESOL, Preparation for Life and Work and/or SEND and will be delivering Essential Digital Skills
Numbers of places available per organisation are as follows:
Up to two people for a single organisation
For a group of providers, such as a group of colleges or an ITP with several locations, please register one delegate per college/location