Developing maths in vocational / technical contexts (Code: C0868)
Drawing on lessons learnt from lockdown this course will support technical and vocational tutors, trainers and assessors to identify naturally occurring opportunities to develop learners' maths skills which are needed for them to successfully complete their study programme, apprenticeship or vocational/ technical course. Approaches will incorporate lessons learnt from lockdown.
There are two pricing options.
1. Individual fees
• SET member: £85
• Non-SET member: £100
Get the maximum value from your CPD budget and run an in-house course at a date and time to suit. In-house course: £500
To book an in-house course please follow this link: https://ccpathways.co.uk/shaping-success-bookings/
A limited number of free places are offered on this course. Please see the 'Upcoming' section above for current availability. Free places are offered to ensure greater diversity on our courses, so to qualify you must either:
- Work in an organisation in one of the 12 opportunity areas (Blackpool, Bradford, Derby, Doncaster, Fenland and East Cambridgeshire, Hastings, Ipswich, Norwich, Oldham, Scarborough, Stoke, West Somerset)
- Work in an organisation with an annual turnover of less than £500,000
- Consider yourself to have a disability
- Come from a Black, Asian or minority ethnic (BAME) background
You must also agree to be contacted by our evaluation team.
To book a free place find a course that has free places remaining and book a single place. At the payments stage of the booking you will be asked to tell us which of the three criteria you meet. Once selected, click on the 'recalculate' button to reduce the cost of the booking to zero and complete the booking.
If, for whatever reason, you are unable to attend, please advise us at least one week before the course takes place. This will allow us to offer the free place to someone else who works in the FE sector, so they can take advantage of this offer.
SET members are entitled to an exclusive 15% discount off this ETF professional development course.
Find out more about SET membership on the Society for Education and Training (SET) website.
Who is this for?
This course is suitable for technical and vocational tutors and assessors. Maths tutors who are embedding, or supporting the development of maths skills across vocational and industrial programmes will find this course useful.
This course aims to provide an opportunity to:
- experience a range of activities which have been used successfully with post-16 vocational learners
- discuss how these activities can be adapted for your vocational areas and circumstances
- deepen your understanding of the research and theory behind the activities and approaches.
- access support for vocational and technical practitioners to develop their personal maths skills and confidence
By the end of the session you will have:
- a deepened understanding of key mathematical ideas
- self-assessed your own personal maths skills
- an understanding of where you can develop your skills further and identified a change to make to your practice
- access to a range of resources.
This is a blended learning course, which consists of two 2-hour live sessions and self-led learning between them. The live sessions will be held at least one week apart, giving you a week to complete the mid-course tasks.