Maths: level crossing (Code: C0876)
Informed throughout by lessons learnt from lockdown practitioners will have the opportunity to discuss and engage with strategies to support their learners to be more successful with both GCSE and Functional Skills maths. This includes tackling problem-solving questions, keeping learners motivated and looking at some of the key issues as to why supporting learners to re-sit successfully can be so challenging.
There are two pricing options.
1. Individual fees
• SET member: £85
• Non-SET member: £100
Get the maximum value from your CPD budget and run an in-house course at a date and time to suit. In-house course: £500
To book an in-house course please follow this link: https://ccpathways.co.uk/shaping-success-bookings/
A limited number of free places are offered on this course. Please see the 'Upcoming' section above for current availability. Free places are offered to ensure greater diversity on our courses, so to qualify you must either:
- Work in an organisation in one of the 12 opportunity areas (Blackpool, Bradford, Derby, Doncaster, Fenland and East Cambridgeshire, Hastings, Ipswich, Norwich, Oldham, Scarborough, Stoke, West Somerset)
- Work in an organisation with an annual turnover of less than £500,000
- Consider yourself to have a disability
- Come from a Black, Asian or minority ethnic (BAME) background
You must also agree to be contacted by our evaluation team.
To book a free place find a course that has free places remaining and book a single place. At the payments stage of the booking you will be asked to tell us which of the three criteria you meet. Once selected, click on the 'recalculate' button to reduce the cost of the booking to zero and complete the booking.
If, for whatever reason, you are unable to attend, please advise us at least one week before the course takes place. This will allow us to offer the free place to someone else who works in the FE sector, so they can take advantage of this offer.
SET members are entitled to an exclusive 15% discount off this ETF professional development course.
Find out more about SET membership on the Society for Education and Training (SET) website.
Who is this for?
This course is suitable for GCSE and Functional Skills maths teachers.
Drawing on lessons learnt from lockdown practitioners will:
- investigate a range of strategies, approaches and activities to support their learners needs.
- explore how to use teaching, learning and assessment approaches to promote learning
- consider revision tools.
By the end of the session you will have considered:
- the barriers to learner success
- how to support learners to tackle problem solving questions using a range of strategies.
- how to build on learners' prior knowledge and the importance of engaging learners and building their confidence.
- resources and approaches to support learners to consolidate knowledge and demonstrate their understanding.
This is a blended learning course, which consists of two 2-hour live sessions and self-led learning between them. The live sessions will be held at least one week apart, giving you a week to complete the mid-course tasks.